View Profile Ravitex

All 93 Audio Reviews

52 w/ Responses

would be really good if it was mixed properly, i mean, this basically has no low end at all, the high end is way too strong and the stereo image is weird.

other than that, you already know. could be nice.

Oh boy.

The intro could use some lowpass modulation, to sort of fade in.
0:16 Good idea, but the rides sound sort of dry (dry = sticks out in a bad way).-
0:31 The supersaw is even more dry.
0:47-ish Bad use of volume automation, it shouldn't go completely quiet like that.
2:12 Various sounds are quite unbalanced, way too loud too.
2:34 Mediocre Sytrus FM bass that I hear in every beginner's dubstep song, just sayin'.
The end is boring. Just gets quieter and thats it.

ETC. ETC. FLAWS FLAWS FLAWS

Other than those issues, the crash sounds quite dry too, the sidechain is very weak or non-existent at all (I do strongly recommend learning to do it if you don't know it), the levels are a bit unbalanced, transistions are quite boring.

There are probably more flaws, I just can't quite pinpoint them because I am bad at criticizing.

Welp, there are some good things too, like the section at 0:54, as basic as it is, I find it pretty catchy.
Good idea with the intro, but could have been better (mentioned it previously).
Nice use of pitch shifting in the buildups.

Keep it up.

HardwiredMusic responds:

Time for the excuses :p I see your point on the rides actually, I don't really like them as much, should've faded them somehow, maybe a 50-50 wet/dry ratio on the reverb could fix it... I don't think that counts as a supersaw, it's more of a gritty sine but I see your point. I don't see what you mean by "Bad volume automation" really... FM is loud. That's all there is to say about that. Unbalanced idk unless you have really nice headphones it may be kinda "overbassed" if you will. 2:34: I forgot to take that drop out of the song completely, that was an experiment. That crash sounds fine to me, idk what anyone else thinks though. I'm sure I already..yep there it is in the desc.: "I suck at transitions' The catchy lead is the key idea, this song started as rave-like house (like pretty much all my songs) the pitch shift is overused in my opinion but well, its the easiest effect to learn (In FL Studio anyway) I'm glad you liked some of it, this wasn't my best track (Except maybe the first drop, which I'm proud of :p) Finally, the end is a fade. Idk what else to say, as I use an EP shift in almost all my songs (this is ""unique"" In my opinion) I'm glad you took the time to listen to the song, and I hope I can fix a few of these errors. oh, 1 last thing: Sytrus is my favorite, I can't stand Serum usually, it's usually not my stlye either (it's very overused on NG)

quality meme

TheMayder responds:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BooBass iz the best synth

Never spaghetti, always ravioli

GobSmacked responds:

yee

woah, do i hear some panning there? damn.
anyway, i think the vocals at the start could use some reeverb/delay
there also could be some sidechain
the end could probably be a little better if there was a lowpass filter, y'know, just to make it fade out, instead of the volume thing.
there's probably more stuff to critique but i can't really wrap my head around it right now.

other than that, pretty nice song! sounds somewhat experimental, maybe just because its not the usual stuff that i listen to, but yeah, thats about it!

Quarl responds:

lol, thanks for the review but if you could see my virtual rack, you'd understand that almost everything gets side chained. Not super hard mind you, I don't like when the envelope on my drum kit over powers everything around it. Usually, I'll lightly sidechain a little bit of everything, with a heavier sidechain on the sub.

choo choo mothafucka

ZinkoDruru responds:

CHOO CHOO CHOO CHOO
CHOO CHOO
M O T H A
F U C K A

good stuff, good sound design, but some of it is just too mono so it blends in too much together with the drums and just sounds a bit messy or muddy or whatever you want to call it. personally i think the snare could have been different too, so yeah.

Pretty solid track, but the only thing that I didn't like was the drop. It was underwhelming. There was little difference between the drop and the breakdown (In my opinion) which was kinda dissapointing.
Other than that, it's a really nice track and I have nothing else to say about it.

MrKoolTrix responds:

Thanks, man. =)

As for the contrast between sections, I'll take that into account next time I'll be making a track. ;)

It's nice in it's own way, but it is super repetitive.
It's basically the same thing all the way from the start to finish, except that theres the "noise" at the start and the end which lasts for a pretty short time and then theres the vocals here and there.
Other than that, it's a pretty calm and nice track. But the fact that it's so repetitive makes it super boring.

Pretty lame.

Only positive thing is that it has some neat sound design here and there.
The piano melody is bad. Same goes for that sawlead melody (It's bad). There's also some mixing issues, the track sometimes sounds too empty and sometimes a bit muddy. There was unneccessary white noise at some parts. The violin doesn't really go well together with the rest of the song.

That's pretty much it, I don't think I missed anything. Assuming you aren't a very experienced artist. You gotta spend some time to learn some music theory, which would really help.

ElMarianz responds:

I'm sorry, but I'm beginner. I'm also watching and learning from youtube videos in order to improve

I make music.