Canned Agression Canned Agression

Oh boy.

The intro could use some lowpass modulation, to sort of fade in.
0:16 Good idea, but the rides sound sort of dry (dry = sticks out in a bad way).-
0:31 The supersaw is even more dry.
0:47-ish Bad use of volume automation, it shouldn't go completely quiet like that.
2:12 Various sounds are quite unbalanced, way too loud too.
2:34 Mediocre Sytrus FM bass that I hear in every beginner's dubstep song, just sayin'.
The end is boring. Just gets quieter and thats it.

ETC. ETC. FLAWS FLAWS FLAWS

Other than those issues, the crash sounds quite dry too, the sidechain is very weak or non-existent at all (I do strongly recommend learning to do it if you don't know it), the levels are a bit unbalanced, transistions are quite boring.

There are probably more flaws, I just can't quite pinpoint them because I am bad at criticizing.

Welp, there are some good things too, like the section at 0:54, as basic as it is, I find it pretty catchy.
Good idea with the intro, but could have been better (mentioned it previously).
Nice use of pitch shifting in the buildups.

Keep it up.

HardwiredMusic responds:

Time for the excuses :p I see your point on the rides actually, I don't really like them as much, should've faded them somehow, maybe a 50-50 wet/dry ratio on the reverb could fix it... I don't think that counts as a supersaw, it's more of a gritty sine but I see your point. I don't see what you mean by "Bad volume automation" really... FM is loud. That's all there is to say about that. Unbalanced idk unless you have really nice headphones it may be kinda "overbassed" if you will. 2:34: I forgot to take that drop out of the song completely, that was an experiment. That crash sounds fine to me, idk what anyone else thinks though. I'm sure I already..yep there it is in the desc.: "I suck at transitions' The catchy lead is the key idea, this song started as rave-like house (like pretty much all my songs) the pitch shift is overused in my opinion but well, its the easiest effect to learn (In FL Studio anyway) I'm glad you liked some of it, this wasn't my best track (Except maybe the first drop, which I'm proud of :p) Finally, the end is a fade. Idk what else to say, as I use an EP shift in almost all my songs (this is ""unique"" In my opinion) I'm glad you took the time to listen to the song, and I hope I can fix a few of these errors. oh, 1 last thing: Sytrus is my favorite, I can't stand Serum usually, it's usually not my stlye either (it's very overused on NG)

HowToMakeASongLikeDorianMode HowToMakeASongLikeDorianMode

quality meme

TheMayder responds:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BooBass iz the best synth

Mercurial V2 [preview] Mercurial V2 [preview]

woah, this sure is pretty nice!
it still has some flaws tho, like, the drop is quite weak, it just sort of happens after the buildup and thats it. maybe its the sub thats quiet? maybe there is an issue with the stereo image of the drop? sounds a bit too wide i think, but im not entirely sure. also, more sidechain would be nice. really adds power to the drums!

really trying my best to find something to criticize, lmao. but anyway, good work, keep it up!

DarkBlueFX responds:

Awesome to hear from you again!

Your criticisms make sense to me and I know what you mean by the drop just 'happening', there was room for other elements in the buildup which could have signaled a drop better and the drop does not have a sub at all making for a lack of tonal contrast. I should really just not post preview songs without a mixing pass, I'm just a whore for instant gratification i guess. These are things I think I've addressed in my recent edits. However, I probably wouldn't have given much thought to the stereo image if you had not pointed that out and that is definitely something I need to listen to some music to find a frame of reference for, thank you for that!

Btw, I'm super impressed with how quickly you mastered your style. I've been keeping up with your songs, but haven't left comments. I will do more of that in the future but in your case the only 'criticisms' I can make are fairly subjective. You keep doin you!

Never Spaghetti Never Spaghetti

Never spaghetti, always ravioli

GobSmacked responds:

yee

Beautiful Gifts Beautiful Gifts

woah, do i hear some panning there? damn.
anyway, i think the vocals at the start could use some reeverb/delay
there also could be some sidechain
the end could probably be a little better if there was a lowpass filter, y'know, just to make it fade out, instead of the volume thing.
there's probably more stuff to critique but i can't really wrap my head around it right now.

other than that, pretty nice song! sounds somewhat experimental, maybe just because its not the usual stuff that i listen to, but yeah, thats about it!

Quarl responds:

lol, thanks for the review but if you could see my virtual rack, you'd understand that almost everything gets side chained. Not super hard mind you, I don't like when the envelope on my drum kit over powers everything around it. Usually, I'll lightly sidechain a little bit of everything, with a heavier sidechain on the sub.

Fairydust 2 (WIP) Fairydust 2 (WIP)

Pretty muddy tbh. Overall idea is good tho, this song is pretty catchy. The highs in the snare are too loud and it lacks that punchy-ness. Can't really think of much else to say tbh.

Anyway, welcome back!

SukkuR responds:

Just almost lost my skills :V
But it will be probably fixed

rails. rails.

choo choo mothafucka

ZinkoDruru responds:

CHOO CHOO CHOO CHOO
CHOO CHOO
M O T H A
F U C K A

Momentum - Kryptix Momentum - Kryptix

Good shit. Not what I usually listen to, but still, it's great.

DJKryptix responds:

Um thanks?

Aw Hell yeah Aw Hell yeah

good stuff, good sound design, but some of it is just too mono so it blends in too much together with the drums and just sounds a bit messy or muddy or whatever you want to call it. personally i think the snare could have been different too, so yeah.

Remember Remember

Not bad, but certainly not great either.
Melody is somewhat nice, the song has a decent beat to it.
The build-up is lackluster, the only thing that classifies it as one is the percussion, which is not enough if you want to build some sort of suspense to make the drop more exciting. You need to add like an upfilter thing to it, like you know, white noise or some synth that rises in pitch, pretty sure you know what I mean.
The next thing I want to point out is that the drop itself isn't anything interesting. The growl basses seem like NI Massive presets from 2012 (most of them sound pretty lame from that period by todays standarts and nobody thinks they're cool), the arrangement in the drop is pretty boring too.
The whole thing seems muddy.

In conclusion, I am gonna say that I liked the calm melody and the bassline (chords or whatever you did with that).

Yeah, pretty much. Just please don't give excuses like "Oh gosh diddly dosh, this is my first dubstep song therefore it's completely fine that it's bad", since you know, I'm not giving constructive criticism to flame you, only to help you fix the things that are wrong. Open to judgement, man.

GDOP responds:

comments like these are very usefull, thanks for give me your opinion about it :D (pd: your music is so great!! :DDD) (pd2: yeah, this song have a pretty bad drop i know that xD) (pd3: sorry for my english :c)